UFC 14: Showdown
Middleweight alternate bout
- Anthony Fryklund vs. Donnie Chappell
- Fryklund wins by submission (choke) at 1:35. After the stoppage, Fyrklund hit Chappell with a late blow and stepped on him while walking away, prompting a severe reprimand by both cageside referees. Fryklund apologized for his behavior.
- Joe Moreira vs. Yuri Vaulin
- Moreira wins by unanimous decision after a 12 minute regulation period and a 3-minute overtime. Moreira was not allowed to continue in the tournament, due to failing his post-fight medical exam (concussion).
- Kevin Jackson vs. Todd Butler
- Jackson wins by submission (tapout due to strikes) at 1:28.
- Kevin Jackson vs. Anthony Fryklund
- Jackson wins the UFC 14 Middleweight Tournament by submission (rear naked choke) at 0:44. Fryklund replaced Moreira, who was medically not permitted to continue.
Heavyweight alternate bout
- Alex Hunter vs. Sam Fulton
- Hunter wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 2:30.
- Mark Kerr vs. Moti Horenstein
- Kerr wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 2:23.
- Dan Bobish vs. Brian Johnston
- Bobish wins by submission (forearm choke) at 2:11.
- Mark Kerr vs. Dan Bobish
- Kerr wins the UFC 14 Heavyweight Tournament by submission (chin to the eye) at 1:38.
UFC Heavyweight Title match
- Mark Coleman vs. Maurice Smith
- Smith wins a unanimous decision after a 15 minute regulation period and two 3-minute overtimes to win the UFC Heavyweight Title. Coleman won several takedowns during the first half of the fight, but became severely winded and unable to pursue further takedowns, leading Smith to dominate the latter portion of the fight.